I need ideas on how to take this further. I would like to make this into a long novel, like the librarians revenge sort of length. I dont really have any ideas of timescales yet but I think it would be best if it wasn't one.
This is a very vague sypnosis for my novel, I would appriciate you ideas based on this:
- a woman who is about 16 or 17 and her family are very strong protestants. it is set around the eary years of Mary Tudors reign, but some of the prolougue is before this in the later years of henry 8ths reign when the whole of england of .
- the woman and her family are thrown into a prison, from which they are to be burned at the stake for refusing to reform to catholicism. The story takes place over a few days.
- she is in one cell on her own, and there is royal guards outside of the cell. After a long plight and struggle, she is in the cell but is crying and screaming - like a baby.
- one of the guards is about the same age as her, forced to work in service to the queen of face the same punishment.
- like one of those love at first sight moments, they fall in love, like romeo & juliet. they see eachother accross a crowded room, the whole prdictable love story. they vow through the bars of her cell to get her and her family out of this place.
- like in Dan Browns work, the whole right to the knuckle, the future of humanity depends on it sort of descision, they risk their lives to save their family from being burned at the stake.
- they manage to escape and save their family from death at Marys hands. They all live happily ever after (like a twisted faily tale) and the main woman and get married and kids and all that lardy daa.